As the Covid-19 situation continues to evolve, several states have issued shelter-in-place / stay-at-home orders, including Michigan which is home to two of our locations. During this unprecedented public health emergency, we recognize that the work that our customers do is critical to their communities. Energy Products supplies critical products and services to many essential industries including: medical, food distribution, communications, the US Government, and many other businesses in the energy and critical manufacturing sectors. As such, we will continue to operate specific business areas deemed essential under the Michigan Executive Order 2020-21 including battery distribution, vehicle/equipment service/repair, and emergency backup power and generator service.
While we remain open to support those businesses also deemed essential by the various state and federal acts released, the safety and health of our employees and customers is our top priority. As such, we are following the recommendations of national, state, and local authorities. All of our team members have been educated on the signs of symptoms and given tips on how to prevent transmission in our offices and out in the field, including proper cleaning and sanitation processes. Additional steps we are taking include:
- Only employees essential to the daily minimum operation of the warehouse, order fulfillment and service teams for critical approved areas deemed essential by the order are permitted in our facilities.
- Additional staff who are essential to our operation but do not need to be physically in our facilities to perform their duties have been directed to work from home.
- On-site employees have been strictly ordered to:
- Not come into the facilities if they feel sick or have symptoms of any kind.
- Wash hands thoroughly and repeatedly throughout the day.
- Maintain a distance of 6+ feet from other individuals.
- Customers picking up local orders are restricted from entering our facilities but will be able to conduct “curbside pickup”.
As part of our business continuity plans, we have taken the following actions
- Critical business systems have been tested and redundancy plans have been put into place.
- We are in constant communication with our supplier network and shipping partners to understand any potential supply chain disruptions.
- We have contingency plans to leverage our branches and partners across the United States.
All Energy Products team members are ready and committed to providing solutions for you and your business at a moment’s notice. We have the resources, parts, and services you need to keep your business up and running in these unpredictable times, backed up by our nationwide distribution footprint. We are taking the necessary precautions to keep customers, suppliers, and team members safe and healthy.
If you have any questions or concerns about our preparedness, or how we can safely meet your service and support needs, please contact us at any time.
Energy Products Inc.